Background Compassionate Swaziland is a non-governmental organization based in Mbabane and was founded by HIV positive mothers and fathers in January 2010. Its mission statement provides that it is to work as advocate for children, releasing them from social, physical and economic poverty through collaboration and partnership They identified 600 HIV+ adolescents in Lubombo and Shiselweni regions. Compassionate Swaziland was then officially registered in February 2011 and formed twenty 20 support groups for adolescents, identified 20 Community Based Volunteers, and works closely with community support groups for PLWHA.
- Since then, Compassionate Swaziland has grown; currently the organization has a staff capacity of 18 permanent staff and 125 community based volunteers. The organizations programs are based on health, educational support, pyscho-social support, gender based violence and household economic strengthening.
- Compassionate Swaziland is currently being supported by USAID through Pact Swaziland, Sahee Foundation, Global Fund for Children and Amplify Change
- Sexual and Reproductive Health with Adolescents
- HIV Prevention among Adolescents
- Working with Schools as Centres of Care and Support
- Promotion of Gender Equality and Equity with Adolescents
- Care and Support to Adolescents Affected and Infected with HIV/AIDS
- HIV Awareness
- Skills Development